Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Big Girl Pill

I don't talk about money or more specifically my personal finances.  My mom usually hid purchases from my dad (in the trunk) and while she would often ask me if I was saving I could usually get her off my back by answering a very generic and unconvincing "sure."

That was the extent of financial training.  She taught be how to balance a checkbook and do comparison shopping, but in the grand scheme of things I've never seen her use a credit card and don't really know what that side of her financial world entails.

Today (thanks Ana), I took a big step and really pulled out all of my debt, lines of credit etc. and got on the phone to lower payments, close accounts etc.  It's time that I get myself together.  I want, very badly, to be able to position myself to move and do bigger and better things.

(sigh) Here we go....


1 comment:

redandbrown said...

whoa.... are you turning into a grown up on me?!?!