I was unable to enjoy my monsoon morning due to a trifecta of morning misfortunes.
It's rainy but not cool, which yields that "I'm suffocating-in-my-skin/buried-alive/sweat-beneath-my-rain-gear" thing that I hate so much. In Florida, I never wore a raincoat for that reason. With it usually being hot and humid I was always willing to just try my luck with an umbrella and a run to the nearest car.
I'm lying....I don't run....quick walk if you will.
The 1, 2, 3 train wasn't running because there was water on the tracks.
Let me pause here for a second...how in the hell don't you have a workaround for that? Doesn't it snow here? I'm assuming it didn't start raining once I moved...I mean....that's like lights not working in florida because the sun is out. Do better!
So with my usual trains not running, this morning's commute consisted of a brisk walk across a bridge, over a river, and down the way to catch the 5 train in to the city. When the train arrived the doors opened and everyone exhaled....it was that full....i'm not kidding. So when they inhaled in anticipation of the doors closing I just squished in. Thankfully when the trains are that full you don't need to hold on to anything because you can't move anyway. My joy was short lived because of issue #1...Sweating under my raingear....now compounded with issue #2 a disruption to my morning schedule. I was sandwiched in and I'm pretty sure I got to at least 2nd base with one of the guys on the train just by proxy.
Issue 3....I've managed to lose my metro card. Not the one with the $5 balance that I use in a pinch....nope....the one monthly one....the monthly one that I just paid $89 for ON MONDAY.
Rain makes me happy (as you can probably tell by my background). I get very few grey-black, stormy, nasty, blanket & tea-worthy days. I finally get one...on a Friday no less and I'm too annoyed to enjoy it.
I hope yours is better.
2 comments:
You can get a replacement card if you paid for the original by CC or DC.
Thanks for the suggestion....I tore up my apartment and finally found it. Whooo-Saaah
Post a Comment