Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ramblings

1. In June, I was looking forward to September.
In September, I was looking forward to the end of October.
In October, I'm looking forward to February.
I have a sinking feeling that in February I will be wishing for September past.

2. Kanye and Jay-Z are doing an album together? I canNOT wait for that tour.

3. These days I feel like I fell from the fabulous tree, hit every single branch on my way down, only to miss mediocrity and land on shameful. Shopping.Must.Happen(one day).

4. The wedding is next week. The wedding is next week. The wedding is next week.

5. I finally mentioned to my mom that my Thanksgiving trip home will be for less than 72 hours. I'll definitely have to make that up to her (and my family).

6. My office is buzzing with activity. I've got nothing to do. When I'm swamped, everyone is sitting on top of the desks watching the shows from last night.

7. Six pay periods until Christmas.....oooooo 2010.......(sigh).

8. I've made space in my budget and I'm finally joining a gym this weekend.

9. I met some of LC's family over the weekend. They didn't leave hating me. Mission Accomplished.

10. Watched church online yesterday. Clint Brown asked the congregation: "Raise your hand if you can identify what you're struggling with in your life right now." He surveyed the ceongrgation and said: "The devil messed up when he allowed you to name your struggle." ( I wasn't sure where he was going with this).

Clint's gem: Philippians 2:9 (New International Version)

9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name.

Whatever struggle you can possibly name will always fall short of he who is named above all others. Ha!

1 comment:

DrMPH said...

that last little gem you dropped was a word in itself. I had to stop myself from failing out work!!!!