Scene: Its 11pm Saturday night in the middle of SoHo and Dani is standing outside of a bar chatting on the phone.
I am connected. Deeply. BBM, Twitter, SMS, MMS, smoke signal et. al. My fingers tend to heat up as the day progresses and I've had some of my best text/convos somewhere after 11pm. If you were to call my mom's house at midnight it would be significantly livelier than if you called at noon. We tend to be up late and running our mouths(or fingers in my case).
I come from a long line of odd hour people. My mom deals with death (she works for Hospice) and so she leaves when her patients have been admitted and/or their home healthcare has been fully arranged. She has definitely made it home after midnight on many occasions. Being a career nurse, she's always left the late night hours for shopping trips, gift wrapping, cooking, baking etc.
My aunt never answers my emails before 11:30pm....EVER.
Grandma Hazel's house after 10pm....you are liable to "buck up on" a domino game any day of the week.
Back to the Scene: Its 11pm Saturday night in the middle of SoHo and Dani is standing outside of a bar chatting on the phone. LC walks out of the bar with a face that can only be described as perplexed...
For the first time in.....ever....I'm working a standard 9-5 job and dating someone who is doing the same. My last four years, I worked in the news industry and my hours were crazy. My last two relationships were with music industry guys who more often than not were heading out of the house at 11pm. Texting during dinner? Not unusual. Always having a phone handy? Sure.
The line of appropriate/courteous phone convo/text hours has never existed in my world however, it was pretty bold in LC's world.
It's not as though he was accusatory or even really upset it just wasn't a practice that he's familiar with. I'll meet him in the middle and not text/chat during our one-on-one time and he's going to try to get used to my later night conversations with mom(who hadn't made it home yet-LOL).
No comments:
Post a Comment