Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ramblings

1. I still can't seem to make it to the gym. It boils down to sleep or gym. Sleep seems to win every time.

2. My supervisor pulled my internet at work, not really sure why. Needless to say, I've been teaching myself how to play solitaire (macs don't come with solitaire pre-loaded so I hadn't played it before).

3. My new health insurance kicked in. I'm paying $140 less each month and my coverage is infinitely better. At the risk of over-sharing my monthly BC cost dropped by $30. Can I praise Jesus for cheaper BC? Seems like a cause to pause. Hmmm...I'm thankfully regardless.

4. I finally got 30 more minutes of sleep last night, bringing my total to 5 hours. Can I tell you how much better I feel this morning? Amazing!

5. I'm still job hunting, without much luck, but a challenge is a challenge.

6. Sweets and I are supposed to go to Jamaica in July for a bday/anny trip. I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time. More on that later.

7. In MOH news, some of the BM's did some research and decided that the bridal shower should be paid for and executed by the MOH and the bride's family. This is after they planned most of it. For politeness sake, I will refrain from "going in" but lets just say that was one reply that sat in my drafts for a few hours before I could hit send.

8. I finally feel a bit better abt my promotion, but I'm failing my sales metrics this month. The competitor in me hates that, the manager in me hates the fact that I'll have to write myself up, and the rest of me is too tired to really be concerned.

9. For the last two weeks I've had Tuesday nights off and didn't make it to Bible Study. I have no one to blame, but myself.

10. I realized that I didn't post anything for Vday. I have a sinking feeling that while 2010 will be a great year overall, the holidays will be just another "good day." I feel some kind of way about that.

11. Speaking of Bdays, my September bday does not stand a chance against the love of fall weddings (everyone), anniversaries (most of my family), etc. I need to rethink when I actually celebrate my bday so that everyone can actually afford to do something when it comes around.

1 comment:

Jameil said...

2. uhhh... what? you're way more calm than i would be.
3. yeah... Jesus probably doesn't want BC thanks but health insurance thanks? i think that'll be awesome!
7. YEAH. RIGHT. BMs plan and pay for it TOGETHER. Do they think they're just supposed to buy a dress & some shoes and show up? Yeah right. B/c the bride's fam isn't paying for enough. Please tell us what you said. *eye roll*