Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Style


I love the whirlwind world surrounding fashion, but I often times just don't get the trends. I suppose the pragmatist in me has little time for an entire industry that does not have my weekly tar.get trips in mind. I mean some of the current trends are wearable, I just know that I would end up as someone's tragic twit.pic. Who knowingly does that?

Be that as it may, I just wish that practical application, my general sense of what "works" for me, and the "trend of the moment" would converge more often than not.

Here are some of the "praised" looks that I just don't get......



Sweets says that I have more of a classic style and trendy has never really been my thing. I'll concede to that point, however, I guess the better question is how much money do you have to have in your account for "not so cute" looks to become "cute and acceptable" to the world?

3 comments:

DrMPH said...

yeah Beyonce with that Rick James look is not cute! not cute at all! nor acceptable.

Jameil said...

none. i'm all abt what works for me. if it's a trend, fine, but i'm not buying clothes i'm not feeling to get an "i'm rocking a trend" boost. i might be willing to try on something outside of my comfort zone but if i'm not digging the look, it's out.

Adei von K said...

yo, that beyonce look SLAYED me. Just cause it's Chanel doesn't make it HAUTE. That look right there was a HOT mess. From the extended keri hilson curly bang on down...

and the zipper. *sigh* we know someone who's been rocking that look... zippered tights I think they were... there are just some looks I can't get with!

Trends... not an item per se, but a look. I was down with the boho chic a couple years ago. I just never want to see a tiered prarie skirt again!
The maxi dresses/smocked dress of the summer was a universally good look. Liquid leggings? I'll have to pass.