Thursday, August 27, 2009

AM Foolishness

I suppose it's because I haven't been in an office setting in awhile. Maybe it's simply because I'm crazy....either way.....I struggle every morning to find something to wear.

Here's the kicker...I know that no one in that office gives half a thought to what I'm wearing. I'm at an engineering firm, where the coup of the day, for the engineers, is to not get lunch stains on their jeans(Hmm that is a daily coup for me---I digress).

The women in the office are all, for some reason, beholden to pantyhose (still? in 2009? In 95 deg weather???). Fashion week this is not. I know that I'm wasting my time and brain power every morning, yet I cannot break the cycle.

Dani: I'm going to wear a skirt
Mind: Skirts are so much work...did you shave? Are your toes appropriate? Will you be cold?
Dani: I'm there for 4 hours....one of which is spent behind the front desk on the phone
Mind: But you want to be cute
Dani: For who? They do not want me
Mind: They do they just don't know it
Dani: Grey Slacks and a navy blouse?
Mind: Too close to shade of cerulean you wore yesterday.

WTF??? This insanity goes on for a hour each morning and my bedroom looks like Hiroshima when I'm done.

I need help!

3 comments:

Adei von K said...

I feel bad when I wear a skirt and my legs are looking less than smooth. Then I get over it and hop no one pays close attention to my legs!

A.G. said...

What the hell is Cerulean?

Jameil said...

lol. adei those kids are gonna get cut on your leg stubble! you know they notice! i bet they've even said something! lololol. i do the same thing even tho i know my classmates are as bad/worse than your engineers. i have one who wears the same 2 plain tshirts and basketball shorts all the time. ALL THE TIME. only 3 people ever notice what i'm wearing other than me. it's ridiculous. and yet i can't stop!!