Monday, November 1, 2010

Ramblings

1. I don’t like Halloween. LC has titled me the Halloween Grinch and I will take that title and run with it. I don’t like masks, most candy, and the dark. In short, it’s not a holiday for me.

2. Once again, I’m stuck in a quandary. Order the remaining pieces of living room furniture or make my winter boot & handbag purchase? Honestly, I’m equally fanatical about both options.

3. Speaking of LC, mid conversation, about the difference a good pre-school can make in a child’s discipline level, he asked why I never took the Praxis. Once again, I don’t have an answer. I see now that I’ll never escape this question. January goal: Look into and take the Praxis.

4. I’m on the hunt for part-time writing/editing gigs. Suggestions?

5. I worked a lot in my past life so that I could afford the things that brought me instant gratification. It made it easier to deal with the stresses and general lack of satisfaction going on in my life in general. Now that I’ve pared down my jobs, I’m more sane and generally happier, except that I’m finding it is incredibly frustrating to not be able to buy the things that I want when I want them. I thought that once life got more fulfilling my want of frivolities would diminish. Played myself on that one.

6. Why have I failed to lock-down a church? What happened to gracing every single meal? I’m at a 85% grace rate. I’ve so got to do better.

7. Yesterday, I hit the five-month mark of my move. I cannot believe it’s been five months already. I cannot believe I’m still working on furniture. Geesh!

8. Brew’s Birthday is coming up quickly. Hostess Dani is not ready at all. No seriously….not ready.

9. When I went home for Ash’s wedding Maureen had managed to have a new dining room set, refrigerator, kitchen window, master bedroom set, curtains & linens throughout the house AND had Aaron repaint the exterior of the house. Why? Because some of our extended family may have wanted to stop by to visit. Did they? No.

10. This leads me to my last issue….Thanksgiving. Ok…my past b/f roster all consisted of local Palm Beach-ers. So I’ve never had the experience of bringing someone home to meet the family. I used to arrange chance meetings at church functions etc. and ease my significant others into the picture. So this time around the meet-and-greet is a bigger deal.

I am an easer if you will. Baptism by fire has never been my default, ever.

So earlier this year when Mom started renovating, chucked her old bedroom set, and moved into my old room. I joyously realized that there was no extra space at my house. We decided to stay at my sister’s place in Hollywood (35-45 minutes south of mom-It’s her Thanksgiving with Steve’s family and the place would be empty).

Mom seemed to think that being so far away for such a short trip (Wed-Friday evening) was egregious. After listening to her protests, we decided to book a hotel room 5 minutes away from the house. Well, now that Susie homemaker has pulled a Niecy Nash and “Clean Sweep”-ed the house, she wants to know why we aren’t staying there.

I don’t have a good answer….Man I wish I had a good answer.


P.S. I don't think I've ever properly thanked Jameil for the Ramblings inspiration. It is so cathartic. Thank you!

No comments: