I intentionally failed my eye exam in the third grade because I thought glasses were 'cool'.
Twenty-ish years later I'm sitting at my desk realizing that my already strong prescription may need to get even stronger.
Not cool.
I was a contacts girl ever since my mom signed off on them in high school. Before that I was burdened with some the most hideous frames known to man, which just completed the overly awkward late elementary/middle school years.
Most recently I bought some frames that I adore, but at the end of the day the thought that I'd be in some really serious sh*t if I lost/broke my glasses midday freaks me out.
For those of you that can/do function without your glasses/contacts this post isn't for you. This is for anyone who can't see their face clearly when brushing their teeth. Yep. Thats me.
I've considered LASIK, but have apprehensions (side effects, cost, the fact that it's eye surgery, etc). Until it's time for me to purchase contacts, cleaner, rewetting drops, frames, lenses, glasses cases, contact cases, regular eye drops et. al. and I realize that I've probably paid for LASIK a million times over already.
I need to figure something out asap.
2 comments:
I know how you feel the hubby has been pestering me about Lasik since I (a) always to seem to lose my glasses (b) always seem to break my glasses (c) or some combination of the above. I just cant get past the laser in my eye thing.
My sight isn't as bad as yours, but I've been dying for Lasik!! I've never worn contacts because I could never get them in. I was always the little girl with the glasses hanging from the string around her neck lol. On my prom night I had to go to the doctor at 7am to have him put in extended wear contacts and that one weekend of freedom was the best ever! Sigh...guess I need to do some research of my own.
Post a Comment