Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Exhale

Somewhere between right now and forever. That's where I'm focused. I'm in a really new relationship, a really new job, a really new city, doing really new things, as the really old Dani.



Life isn't slowing down so that the new and old can meet in the middle. In fact, life is speeding up and away. I blinked and it became August. August????!!??



Why was everything different in March? Absolutely everything in my life was totally different 6 months ago. I have a sinking feeling it will be totally different 6 months from now.



I've been living the same life for years and in a matter of moments I feel like I'm in an avalanche and I can't quite seem to hang on long enough to not get swept away.

2 comments:

Adei von K said...

I'm there with you. and i'm kinda not looking forward to the avalanche i know is inevitable.

Jameil said...

Lol. Girl I so know the feeling. It'll all settle out in 3 months and it will feel like you've always lived this life. The upheaval in 6 more months won't be so complete.