Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ramblings

1. Mom's coming to town today AND today is my Friday...whoohoo!

2. I had a random direct deposit process to my account this morning. Hmmm....normally I don't question deposits but it's the day before our pay day and it's an off amount.....So confused. **

3. It is cloudy and gloomy and I'm in heaven. The only thing that could ruin this day is sunshine.

4. My cubemate is back after a month in the middle east opening stores. I'm so glad to have him back.

5. I didn't actually clean anything for mom's arrival. I tried to sweep then the AC came on and put my dirt back in it's original place.

6. Labor days plans with LC have been initiated and what did we decide?????? CHARLOTTE! Random I know. But I've wanted to explore that city for awhile and this will be the perfect opportunity. Anyone have any must try restaurant/bar suggestions??

7. While we're talking about LC, we are planning to spend Turkey Day in South Fla. I had to break it to him yesterday that there is a chance that it will hot...as hell...in November. Yea....it's like that.

8. Red Velvet cupcakery in DC = Amazing...Case closed.

9. I miss spending time with my girls....new and old.....Must do better!

10. I've decided to do HU homecoming this year.....it's been way too long!

**Apparently it was a bonus....score!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Jameil said...

You know Charlotte's my hometown! Go to Epicentre. There are lots of bars there. For low key (cheap, casual) food, there's Fuel Pizza & Showmars (Greek w/a dash of Southern). Mert's uptown (what we call downtown) has soul food. Blue is a nice jazz spot across the street from Mert's. Did I mention Applebee's? Lol. Everytime me and Rashan talk about trying a restaurant somewhere he says that b/c he knows it will make me hate him.

Lex said...

I like Red Velvet Cupcakery! But I LOOOVE Curbside Cupcakes and Best Buns Bakery cupcakes. You must try them the next time you are in town

Adei von K said...

Jameil- everyone knows CLT is your hometown, sheesh. And you forgot to mention Lupies!!

Yes to that bonus! Ow! We all love a little extra blessing!

Naima said...

Yay, bonus!!

Have fun in Charlotte! I heart that city.

That cupcake site made me faint. Must...go...

Jameil said...

Stacey, I got something for you.