Thursday, July 9, 2009

Working Hard Is Hardly Working

Financial planning is supposed to be an action outline for the income that you have--coming in. However, a friend of mine put it best yesterday: "Financial planning is how I plan to spend my finances." I'll take it one further. My financial planning, as of late, has been how I plan to spend the money I don't have, but should have, and will eventually have--when it's too late.

Confused?

Let me explain.

In a regular company structure....one works and at the end of the week(or at the end of two weeks) you are paid. Like clock-work. The mundanity of a pay cycle is welcomed by all. However, when you work for a small company that does not have major backing or at least deep cash reserves the concept of a pay cycle is....for lack of better terms "shot to sh*t." Needless to say.....things have gotten rather interesting in the personal finance arena.

More on this later.....Unfortunately, for reasons outside of my control, there are a lot of things I can't share with you...right now. I promise true venting session will arrive sooner than later.

2 comments:

Adei von K said...

1. LOVE the title of this post
2. LOVE the remix to financial planning
3. yeah, 11:59pm every other Thursday can never come soon enough.
4. As expected, we're on the same financial plan.

Jameil said...

i can't imagine working and not getting regularly paid. wow...