Sunday, July 12, 2009

Breakup Joy

Time will bring the real end of our trial
One day they'll be no remnants
No trace, no residual feelings within ya
One day you won't remember me
******************
If I can't have you, let love set you free
To fly your pretty wings around
Pretty wings, your pretty wings
Your pretty wings around

Every time I hear Maxwell's "Pretty Wings" I think of how much better my life has been with all of the relationships that DIDN'T work out. Oh...the heartbreak, disappointment, hurt were a b*tch to overcome, but ultimately the only reason I'm as happy as I am today, is because whatever I THOUGHT was best for me, wasn't. So for once, I'm happy to have been wrong. I also hope that anyone that I ever thought was my "Mr. Right" is finding the same amount of peace that I've found.

I'm so glad that I'm not the master planner in my life.....who knows where I would be right now.

No comments: