So...with the one yr anny coming up tomorrow (hi-5 sweets!). I've had a few conversations with myself about marriage and when it will/may happen. I've also had those convos with Sweets (just so you don't think I'm setting myself up for failure).
Anywho....for a better portion of my 20s the ideal has been marriage before 30. My mom had me when she was 25. The only thing that I owned at 25 was debt and a cell phone. Seriously, I don't know how she did it. In conversations with her, she doesn't know how she did it. She still calls her marriage at 24 "ridiculous" and while she's happy with the way things turned out, I wonder if the "before 30 ideal" was a burden on her back as well.
Hmm....when the ex said "I was thinking marriage in 3 yrs," as a last ditch effort to save our relationship....I did the math and said hmmmm that won't work, I'd be knocking on 30 (now I realize it had nothing to do with being 30 and everything to do with "it just won't work.")
The reality is I've gone through a year of being a part of something that feels like it is progressing naturally. Things are happening at the pace that is comfortable for the both of us and I think that the biggest problem I can create is strapping on my "gotta happen before 30" mantra and rushing things. So I'm not going to lie, this big girl pill will be a bit tough to swallow initially, but I think its for the best.
I think I'll see 30 first....and I think that will be fine.
3 comments:
damn you for making sense.
i'm just scared of waiting till 30 for the biological aspect.
Married at/after 30
hang around with the hubby as a married couple for a year or two
have your 1st child at 34??
I'm not trying to be the 40 y.o parent at Kindergarten Round-Up.
wow that's quite the pill. i think that's more reasonable to say if you've been dating someone for a year, tho. even still, for me i'm still on the when you know, you know. not just b/c i'm not getting any younger but mostly on the you know you want to be w/me forever now but you want to wait 3 more years (or 3 period) for... i'm straight. we all have to do what works for us and i'm glad you know what works for you. that is huge.
Shoot at least you have the option to wait until you are 30. Right now I am close to thirty and I have no prospects. I say wait until 30 and do you boo!
ok
Just make sure you are in a place where both of you want to be before you say I do... make sure you all are ready to work on y'alls goals and not just sweets and dani's goals separately. ok that is all! Either way I am cheering you guys on. Congrats on one blissful year :)
Post a Comment