Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My 'Saved'ness Isn't Saved Enough

In the news.....A woman driving to the ATM runs over a bag filled with $120,000. She proceeds to turn in the money to authorities.

Hmmmm......Let me present you with a different scenario

If I leave my wallet in a store and someone else finds it...it's my loss... correct? The wallet has my home address and ID in it, so it is unquestionably mine. However, when you lose something...it is your own fault and unless someone is kind enough to return it, you are pretty much out of luck.


Why doesn't this apply to money?

Hmmm....I sincerely hope that there isn't a bank/company willing to experiment with my Good Samaritan-ness, because they will be sorely disappointed. I, however, will have additional funds in my pocket.

Yes, indeed.

2 comments:

Adei von K said...

they would've gotten $70,000 back.

hmmmm, maybe 60.

45,000.

Jameil said...

lol @ stace. i was thinking along those lines, too. but i think i would end up feeling bad and have to give the money back.