Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Almost There.....

Watching Gotti's Way last night (yes....I love the show....I don't think that he'll ever resume his position 'on top' of the music world, but something about his contradictory nature entertains me).

Anyway, watching the show...and the issues that he and his wife still have....

**Pause***

Summary

He and his wife are separated because he can't remain faithful. He comes by the house every weekend and 'plays' family. During the week he lives in an apt in NYC and has his run of women in and out. His wife, however, can't really move on because he doesn't want other men around his kids, in his house etc. But they acknowledge that fixing their marriage isn't an option for them.


***Resume***

Several things came to mind for me.

1. Wow a year ago I remember watching the show and seeing that his wife clearly wasn't happy, but was too scared to really step out and pursue change. I remember thinking..."uh-oh...could that be me?"

2. Also the lyrics to "Freeze" play non-stop in my head when I see their odd, cyclical coupledom (and I think of my own run with complacency on the relationship front):

Don't change...
Don't go...
Don't leave...
Just FREEZE!
I know girl it's alot to ask!
Tell me what other choice I have,
When you love someone this bad...
Just FREEZE!
Don't change...
Don't go...
Don't leave...
Just FREEZE!
Girl I hope you understand,
Promise I'll be back for you,
When I become a better man...


Foolishness!

3. I cannot believe that a year has gone by already!

I won't get preachy, but I will say this. Time seems to be whisking by faster and faster. After years of doing the same thing and hoping for a different ending, I'm so incredibly grateful that I have some evidence of the goodness that can come with Change. Next up...the living issue. I'm working on it...but that's another blog.

Thought: Where were you last year (physically, mentally, emotionally)? Are you in the same place, a worse place, or a better place this year?

Happy Tuesday :)

1 comment:

Jameil said...

ugh. may none of us ever be with a husband like that.