There is something that excites me when I'm a part of a planning meeting. It's been that way since I was in middle school. I love taking something and giving ideas on how to make it better. Vision to inception.
I falter terribly when it comes to implementation. So much so, that I find myself trying to sit on certain ideas just to avoid the inevitable, "that's a great idea...why don't you do it?"
(play sad horn music here)
I had this conversation with a mentor of mine and he laughed and said "you need to find something that will allow you to be a strategist."
So that's what I'm looking for....allow me to give you ideas on how to better communicate.
I'm typing this instead of contributing this fantastic idea for the corporate newsletter. Why? Because I do not want to be the individual that actually has to make it happen. How do I know it's fantastic? The excited feeling that I'm trying to ignore has never been wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment