Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ramblings: Holiday Weekend Wrap-up

1. I finally got to spend some QT with LC and he unknowingly dug his own hole by gifting me a beautiful onyx and pearl necklace & bracelet.

I mean....now we HAVE to go somewhere that requires me to dress up enough to wear it.
*kanye shrug*

2. There is still a lot for us to learn before we consolidate addresses. This weekend confirmed:

a) I will need to find a house-boy who enjoys long walks on summer evenings (because heat/walking/LC do not mix)

b) We will need a storage unit, a new furniture plan, a knick-knack shelving unit, two DVR's, and some sort of tv off timer that can wait long enough for me to fall asleep, but short enough not to wake him up.

c) a fervant work-out plan to balance our love of restaurants and bars.

3. Speaking of bars...we made it to a dive bar in one of my favorite parts of town and I redefined loser in our Connect 4 marathon. Thankfully the board games and drinks were plentiful, but I've got to do better. Next time we should play Taboo....that is where I shine.

4. Can I just mention.....I needed that 4-day weekend. Yes lawd!!!

5. Speaking of "yes" and exclamation points (baby, avert your eyes)....I finally saw Fast 5 this weekend and really the Rock and Vin Diesel's back, arm, neck regions...my word. *moment of silence* also....they were almost too big to be shot in one frame...I'm just saying. It was truly my guilty pleasure of the summer movie schedule.

6. The Robin Hood foundation had a BEP ticket giveaway for a Central Park show. Of course I entered and of course I entered fellow blogger Dani while she was in Barcelona. Of course she won and I got a nice email that said "no." So we are going next week and I, for one, am EX.CI.TED!

7. Went to a comedy show over the weekend with LC and I literally choked laughing at one of the comedians. You know the room was the size of a closet. Trying to time your life saving coughs with the laughter in the room is a skill I didn't know I had. Whew!

8. I need a day in Central Park...even if it is hopping from one shady patch to another shady patch.

9. New boss asked me if I planned on relocating to be closer to LC. Then realized the forwardness of his question and back-peddled fast enough to start a fire. In true Dani fashion he never got an answer and my face never changed.

No comments: