Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Morning Joe

I used to watch Morning Joe regularly, until the host started to get uber combative before 7am. I just need to ease into my morning without the equivalent of a Ruff Ryders album resonating in my brain.

For some reason I decided to watch it this morning and he went in on the hypocrisy of President Obama's performance, especially as it relates to Gitmo.

(Pause)

Before I make my next statement....

if you didn't know what I used to do (when I used to do three jobs at once) let me just tell you that I used to the AM lead editor for a internet-based news organization. Meaning, for awhile, I lived and breathed domestic and international news from 4am-noon.

.....

I had no idea what Joe was talking about. After watching for a few minutes, I was able to catch on based on the pieces of news information that I acquire throughout the day either from LC's version of media waterboarding (watching the evening news) or walking past a CNN or NY1 screen throughout the day (I've always had an uncanny ability to piece together a story in 45 seconds and retain the information to use it for a bigger story down the line).

Even though I'm suffering from mind-blowing burnout (I should have been more firm about using the PTO I acquired) from my news job, I really have been doing a terrible job of following up on the President's policies. I don't follow the politics because I don't feel like I HAVE to....When he speaks, I don't have the constant desire to cancel cable or call whichever friend got the short end of the stick and rant about single-digit IQ scores and idiocy.

I don't follow the politics because I trust that despite the misteps that comes with doing a job you've never done, he's qualified enough to start undoing the craziness of the last president. Unless he creates a policy that bans 5'7" twentysomethings from chocolate milkshakes, he has and will have my support.

No comments: