Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Musings

1. Do parents of unattractive children know that their kids are unattractive?

2. I did some volunteer work at Jumpstart yesterday and it reminded A) how much I adore working on materials for kids and B) how scary it is to get parenthood wrong (kids who are are under stimulated and underdeveloped in vocabulary start school with such a disadvantage and once they start behind statistics show that they tend to stay behind)

3. I love this cooler Spring that is going on in New York. Light jacket weather is officially my favorite thing. Reason being? Tights are still wearable which helps to keep the wobbly bits in place, meanwhile you get to throw your entire spring wardrobe over them and pair everything with boots, booties, open toed booties, cute flats...its wonderful.

4. If I end up not moving in the foreseeable future the things that I've decided to buy are as follows: a mop, skillet, table, hand mixer and a larger tv (tuck that judgement away).

5. Every night I start my phone conversations with LC by suggesting a baby name for the child that is several years out. Every night he vetoes the name. Every night. I'm glad I've started this process early.

6. Speaking of LC, last night we were talking about subjects that we didn't excel in and I said that I wasn't particularly good at: Math, History, Science, Geography, and English (the rules and fundamentals)...his pause was priceless. I have no idea how I made it through school and with good grades.

7. I am obsessed with the West Wing....still.

8. I just discovered White Castle's chicken rings. The game has officially changed.

9. I'm excited about heading home for a week. Wheels up in 16 days.

10. Life feels good today. Here's hoping I don't have a post refuting that in a couple of hours.

No comments: