Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ramblings: Exhausted

1. Just to catch everyone up. I'll be staying in gotham for a while longer. While I don't have any definite details, I do have a plan. More on that one later.

2. I'm going home Friday night. I'm so beyond excited. I think I blogged 3 years ago about needing a vacation. It's finally happening.

3. I'm also incredibly excited to see LC this weekend. I have a horrible case of the week 2 blues (somewhere around the 2-3 week mark the whole long distance thing take a terrible turn, from being an inconvenience, to reaching levels of sucktitude not previously known by mere mortals.)

4. Why do I keep getting calls from former associates who are looking for fuel to flame their lawsuits against one of my former employers? No Bueno.

5. I spent Sunday evening with the ex's mother. It was beyond great to see her, but I just kept thinking....a year ago it was all so different....

There's more to be said, but that is for a different blog on a different day.

6. I walked into the laundry room and interrupted two jr. high students making out...Badly I might add. I wanted to advise them to find a cleaner location, but I'd hate to be an enabler. Also, their look-out looked at me, looking at him, looking at me... waited until I walked past him and was almost at the door, before he turned and said "cooo." Sir... Fired. Then to make matters worse they hit me with a "i'm sorry ma'am." Ma'am?????? I can't be that old...Technically, I am actually old enough to have birthed them. Wow....Le Sigh.


7. Noniversary....LC and I are quickly approaching our one-year mark. I explained to him about three weeks into dating, that I was tired of celebrating non-marital anniversaries...I still feel that way. Noniversary it is.

8. Speaking of LC, to prove my argument about his Haiku, I used an interactive learning tool to create a Venn Diagram.

a. I love the fact that we geek out together.
b. I'm now determined to decorate one of our walls with a Venn Diagram. Mark my words, it will happen.

9. My new cubemate is amazing. It's funny how one person can change everything.

10. Boots and trench in NY, Flips and sundress in FL, capris and flats in DC....packing for next week should be interesting.

No comments: