Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Oblivious

It wasn't until I was posting an article about the anticipated heat wave that I realized I was living in the city that was supposed to be feeling 100+ degrees today. I swear for someone who A) doesn't like slow people and B) prides herself on a modicum of intelligence I can be completely oblivious to things.

This morning I stumbled on some pics of me and my ex and it gave me cause to think. I've always heard and used the phrase: "A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime." I hadn't truly experienced it until now. Pause. I hadn't realized that I was experiencing it, until now.

Gem

"People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do."

We (my ex and I) met at a point when we were both looking for the intangibles that made getting from point A to point B, in life, less arduous. We found those things in each other, until life got in the way and those intangibles were no longer enough.

Putting 100% into someone to get them ready for someone else is a bitter pill to swallow, but it's life and unavoidable. Does that make it any less difficult to move on? No, but there is small comfort in knowing that everyone will be better for it down the road.

I was oblivious to the fact that something could feel that right and just be for a season. I figured there would be some sort of "season only" clues that would jump out at me along the way. Maybe there were some and I missed them. Maybe not.

However, I'm not so oblivious that I missed out on what I learned, gained, lost, and found. I'm thankful for the "reasons" and "seasons" that I've had thus far. I think I'm starting to see the foundation coming together for a "lifetime." Thankfully, I'm not oblivious to that.

No comments: