Friday, June 25, 2010

One Thing

It's funny how one thing can change everything.

I put myself out there one time and now it feels like I got a new lease on life.

The door closed on my relationship and now something amazing seems to be brewing just beneath the surface.

I asked one question at work and now the exectives say "hi" to me by name.

I asked one friend to join my prayer team for a dear friend of mine and she is now seemingly on the brink of her own relocation.

I often get caught up in the bigger picture. I lose sight of the "one thing(s)" and fail to realize that a series of "one thing" truly will turn everything on its head.

My life has been a series of choices, I'm sure if you pick apart your own life you'd see the same thing. My fave married couple, the Smiths, met because he couldn't help but approach her table and she couldn't help but to listen. It was the one thing that opened the door for an amazing friendship, courtship, relationship and now marriage. Really? All because of one "one thing."

I have been blown away recently, by how seemingly insignifcant things can all come together over night and completely change your reality.

One step, One choice, One ommission, One answer, One prayer, One Smile, One moment, One word, One dream.....One thing is all it takes to change everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww love it!! Always good to take time out to reflect and appreciate the simple things.