Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vacant Mind

The mark of a good vacation for me will be the day I return and I don't want to hide in one of the empty offices and cry softly.

Ok seriously, there are no tears, but the process of getting back to work is seemingly harder and harder.

I usually take a day off here and there. I've taken up to a week off at a time, but even that was an abyssmal return. What is the perfect length of time for a vacation?

3 comments:

Naima said...

I only wish I knew!!!

Unknown said...

well, the "experts" say that the perfect vacation is between 9-12 days because it takes you 3 days for your system to realize you're off and really relax and then 3 days for you to gear back up for going back. So, if you take 9 days that still gives you 3 days of real relaxation.

Adei von K said...

i personally like 5-6 days. maybe b/c i get into vacay mode IMMEDIATELY and there's only so much i can do in 4 days so by day 5, i'm reds.