For the last few years, I've kept my birthday thoughts at bay until I see this. Having someone whose birthday is exactly one month before yours is a fantastic way to keep premature giddiness in check.
This year I'm incredibly streamlined.
Gift List?
Done.
Focus for the new year?
For my 29th year on this earth, I don't want to be disingenuous. I spend more time being a nice and accommodating person than I probably should. While I don't intend to cross over and become an obnoxiously rude person, I do want to give the faux niceness a rest.
There are things, people, and places that I enjoy and dislike immensely. Scarily, I tend to treat them all the same. So this year, I plan on being a little more honest about how and with whom I spend my time. I have amazing friends in name and in practice. I'm going to be a better friend to those who I can't live without and live without the ones that are placeholders. I'm also going to cut out the obligatory/easy/barely satisfying trips and go where my heart (and wallet) takes me.
I'm excited to have so much newness in my life...and I'm even more excited that everything is about to change. Again.
2 comments:
WOOHOO!!! LET'S TOAST IT UP!!! There's nothing like spending time w/someone you don't even really like that much and going somewhere you don't even enjoy. LIVE HARD!!!
you said what i meant in "something is wrong with me. actually, nothing is wrong with me. don't judge me when i come undone."
here's to KEEPIN IT REAL!!
Post a Comment