Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ramblings

1. I hope it's still popular to get married and have kids in a few years, because really both practices are like Drake songs on the radio(If you didn't get that reference, I can't even really help you).

Last year, we had five weddings and six babies in the office. This year, I honestly can't even count. Maternity leave is actually now an active part of every HR-led conversation. Worker's comp? Nope. Lets discuss maternity leave.

I can't remember the last time I bought a birthday present for a friend or coworker. Wedding/Shower gifts though....yea...wow. Case in point, I've never ordered anything for myself from Buy Buy Baby or Crate and Barrel. EVER. I do, however, receive the catalog, mailers, and emails. Why? Shower/Wedding gifts.

If being a single, motherless, slore is what's hot in 2013 I will be screwed.

2. I so thought I had a BOA app on my phone. Nope, I've just been mobile banking all this time. I just...sigh.

3. My dear sister issued the following statement today: "You better make sure that you're birthday card game is right this year. I'm getting mom's card from the Christian bookstore and it will crush yours. Inferior cards will not get displayed."

One hour later my google cal reminder popped up and said "get your mother a bday card." It all makes sense now.

4. I walked out of my first church service last weekend. I've been church hopping this summer since there are a bevy of Anglican (Episcopal) churches in Harlem. The minister decided to use the sermon to express his displeasure with the homosexual marriage law going into effect. His sermon took a far turn to the right with this gem, "No matter how good of a Christian you think you are, if that is your lifestyle you're going to hell."



I had a Toni Braxton moment (:12) Purse!

I recognize that I'm incredibly liberal and a lot of people don't share my views, but personally I believe that we make one decision in this world, whether or not to live by faith. To me, if you choose to be led by faith and the word, then you ultimately do not answer to man on your actions/decisions.

If the minister said, "I don't believe in homosexual marriage." I could say, "I respectfully disagree" and continue with the service.

However, as a Christian who has made many personal decisions that I'm sure I will converse with God about one day, listening to a man of God say that 'certain Christians who believe certain things will go to hell'.....eh...I can't support that sir.

In my eyes your job is to get people to Christ. He can handle the rest.

Just my opinion.

5. I struggle to continue job applications once I have a "hit" on one. Once there is a hint of a phone interview, I stop all applications until I get the final feedback. Everything in one bucket! I will have to get better at continuing my search until someone ultimately hires me.

6. Every day I spend here it gets harder to want to leave...until I see a stroller on the subway.

2 comments:

Jameil said...

Preachers kill me w/that. Of ALLLLL of the sins you and your parishoners are committing, SEXUAL AND OTHERWISE, THAT'S the one you just have to speak out on. Go that way. DEAD @ PURSE!!!! LOLOL

On job searches... THISSSSSS!!!! completely useless.

Adei von K said...

1. I think there will be a downswing to this 'say yes to the dress (& all its spinoffs)/brides behaving badly/bridal bootcamp/cakes with mini people on top/talk to me about tulle/dance your reception ass off' nation we've become. it's like when buying & flipping property was the haute-ness, everyone was in real estate.
the last birthday event i can remember? mine. LAST year. and out of the 6, two have joined the ranks.

and then there were 3 Hoes left...

3. people and their card game KILL me! the DC hoe in our group HAS to get Papyrus or it won't even be opened. Must see the gold sticker on the back... look... ima holla at this card I got from CVS on the way to whatever event I'm going to... and you're going to like it.

4. DAMN, I LOVE TONI BRAXTON! THIS SHOW IS GREATNESS AND THAT "Ooooh!"???? *dead*

But yeah, Father Thomas? Keep that.