Monday, May 16, 2011

I Said I'd Never Do THIS Again

LC and I decided that we would not spend more than 3 weeks apart.

We came to this decision a year ago when he had a stretch of work trips and we spent most of July apart. Fastforward to May 2011 and we've now hit day 15 of our second three week(+3 days) stretch...

---------------------------------------------------


I hate my phone. Seriously. I HATE IT. More specifically, I hate my ringer.

When you're trying to compensate for hundreds of miles, you talk on the phone incessently. Now when you've dated someone for about a year, you start to run out of things to say. I mean....

I love you...check
How was your day?...check
Are we trying to spend a lifetime together? check
What are you watching?...check
Still want kids?....check
Where should we live?....check
How's your mom?....check
Weekend plans?....check


So now I have a quandry....because I don't want to skip the talking part. The talking is what is keeping us sane. To be real...talking is what I do....and once again....if I'm not talking to him then I'm talking to someone else (take it how you want). So we chat for hours on end...but now it feels like we've got nothing new left to say.

Now, every relationship that I've ever had....ever....has started with a lot of long chats about this and that. They usually have progressed to less phone time and more face time. That isn't an option right now.

So we talk, but seriously....I want to throw my phone out the damn window!

The reality isn't that our phone convos are bad or even boring really. I'm being a bit dramatic(if you can't tell). The real issue is that if he's on the phone with me then that means he isn't in the room with me and THATS THE REAL PROBLEM.

Ok....Rant over.

No comments: