LC and I spent 11 days together over the break.
We covered several cities, had an insane amount of fun, tackled some home improvement projects and basically got a snapshot of what life would be like if there weren't 253 miles between us.
I enjoyed every single moment that we spent together. It was amazing.
But...here's the thing...I don't want to do it again. As a matter of fact, I don't want to do anything longer than a four-day stint until we figure out what the next step is for us.
Spending 11 days together and then getting on a bus and heading back to "reality" was jarring. It was my own Truman show moment. Boat at the edge of the soundstage and a door opening, Truman Show moment.
I'm not a: "live in the moment"/"it's better to have loved and lost...than to have never loved at all"/"The whole is more than the sum of its parts" type of girl....at all. I want the sum and the parts. I don't want moments if they'll just be taken away. Don't give me what I can't have.
Tantrum over. Four day rule enacted.
No comments:
Post a Comment