Monday, December 6, 2010

Less of That and More of This

Fresh from another wedding my brain is whirling. Full disclosure: I don't have engagement news, a timeline, groom, or dress. This is just one 28-year-old's rant about a day that will hopefully be sooner than later, so that she (I) can get to the marriage part of life.

I've never been shy about the distinction in my mind between a wedding and a marriage. While I adore weddings, I know myself enough to know that I'll need to go a different route.

What I know for sure:

-I don't want a long engagement.
-I don't want a bridal party**
-I don't want a first or last dance
- I don't want to jump or fly a broom
-I'm not married to a cake


What I do want:

-I want a small dinner party with really good food
-I'd like to look exceptional
-I'd like an amazing honeymoon, in a region of the world that I haven't seen.
-I'd like to wake up the morning after the wedding and not wish that I had spent less money on everything.

Basically, I'd like an invite that says this.....

"Please join us for dinner as we celebrate our marriage and our new life together."

I'd like to get to some vows in between the appetizers and main course. Then I'd like to sit and laugh with friends and family.

That's it.


**I do still want to take a trip with all of the women that have contributed to the woman I am right now. If we "Go Ho or Go Home" in the process, then so be it :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear Danielle's of a feather flock together! I always pictured myself going to the court house dressed in sweats and a headscarf (probably won't, but in my perfect world I would, sue me)getting married to my love and then swinging by Target and BJs before heading home to the fabulous ALL brick house or brownstone we bought with our "wedding funds" to party all night with friends and family. Oh yea and some kind of honeymoon where I can be semi topless for a few days lol.

Simple!

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Not the headscarf... I think I just heard your dad's heart shatter.

Jameil said...

I wasn't always like this but this sounds almost exactly like what I want! We only depart on bridal party and first dance. I don't really care about the broom. Whatever he decides.

Adei von K said...

luckily, mdot got one wedding out of her system, yes?

*dead* at headscarf and sweats, thedlife!!

there so HAS to be a GHoGH event! we just don't have to wear matching clothes :-)

A.G. said...

Can I be present at the "Go Hoe or Go Home" event? I'll sit in the corner quietly ;-)

DaniColoredGlasses said...

AG/LC Absolutely not. Enjoy DR

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Ana she definitely got it out of her system...thankfully :)