It started so innocently.......
Ladies.....arrange your steps like so and stand behind your step.
Put your right foot up on the step, bring your left foot up, put your right foot back on the ground, then put your left foot back on the ground. Repeat. Now Double time!
Simple!
Tap your right foot on the step 4 counts, bring your right foot back down on the ground, do the same with your left foot for four counts. Now step up on your right foot and curl your left foot behind your body, step back on your left foot and do the same on the opposite side of your body.
Ok....Got it! (double time...not so much)
Step up with your right foot, step up with your left foot, put your right foot in front of the step and step down, put your left foot behind your step and step down, then step back up on the step with you right foot and back up on the step with your left foot and then repeat. Repeat (*Face*), Now Double time! (oh hell naw!)
-------------------------------------------
I've realized that I don't have the rhythm for step class. Its a combination of repetitive steps and hand, eye, foot coordination that I just don't have. Not to mention after 10 minutes of the class, my face was cherry red and I had perspired through my clothing. At one point I just stood on top of my step and watched everyone else flounce around.
Who in the hell would rescue me if I broke an ankle, tripped and fell, effectively busted my a** trying to get in shape?
Oh....and to add insult to injury....this was the starter class.
--------------------------------------------------
Next up? Kick boxing.....
punch 4 counts right hand, hook for 4 counts with the left hand, crossover punch with the right hand for 4 counts, undercut with the left hand 4 counts
Ok...got it
Now get loose, hop back and forth, dip and move...dip and move....
ok....got it
Now crossover punch with your right hand and kick your left leg 4 counts, then repeat on the other side
Got it.....
Now combine everything that we've covered.....in an 8 count....and go!
-------------------------------
So I went.....Back to my elliptical machine....
3 comments:
awww.
yeah, i would not be the one in african dance class or step aerobics. and there are mirrors everywhere?? no thanks.
i can't get w/those classes either. sometimes i like dance classes, tho. did you try pilates? it was slow as i don't know what and too hard for me for what i felt like i got out of it. i like jillian michaels' 30 day shred and no more trouble zones. super gangsta and only 25 mins each. better than the avg. class.
I agree with Jameil! Jillian is a beast, we have become BFF's over the past few months, the 30 Day Shred and the No More Trouble Zones are both amazing and fulfilling workouts that you can do at home!
Post a Comment