We talk about or future more than we talk about the present. I guess its a way to over compensate for the fact that there are more questions than answers in our "present."
I guess I just worry that we'll miss something in the "right now" because we're filling our time and space with the future.
I've officially been here now over a year and a half. Time has flown by and I still love it here.
I hate that I can't afford to do more...and I also hate that I've spent so much of my time here looking for a job elsewhere. Those two points only slightly relate to each other.
A year ago, I was job hunting with a plan to relocate. I didn't find anything by the summer, so I renewed my lease. I'm job hunting again and as usual I'm concerned about the "What ifs?"
So we talk about the future. Because not having an answer to the "Do we sign up for another year of this long distance relationship, if a job offer doesn't come through" question sucks the life of every conversation.
So we talk about the future. What home repairs need to be done to facilitate the move. What type of home we'd like to work toward.
I just wonder what happens when we get to the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment