Sunday, July 31, 2011

Aftertaste

I have a history of great days ending with not so great moments. Life is not a series of perfect moments. I get that. I just hate when seemingly great days have 'blah' endings.

The difficulty with trying to fit a relationship into a weekend or a series of weekends is that you eventually have a 'blah' day. You hope it never happens on your last day together, but that isn't always case. Instead of being able to wake up tomorrow and make things better you just kind of wait another two weeks and hope that the next time you see each other things will be back to normal.

I've got less life experience having to deal with a daily relationship. Not to say that I'm single in my off-time. But, for all intents and purposes, I have off time. So I guess even greater than the disappointment of wasting away our together time, is the realization that despite how quickly things are moving there is still so much growth that has to happen.

No comments: