Friday, November 14, 2008

Cliche

Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that *he* want it
If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it

---------

It seems cliche to be the angry, emotional, high-strung black woman.  It seems equally cliche to quote the popular pop anthem of the moment, but we'll go with it.
----------

I'm having a quarter-life crisis of sorts.  In order to get through it, I've decided to try to better myself physically, mentally, and spiritually.  I go to the gym at least 5 times a week and I find that the exercise centers me.  It's from the gym that I'm writing today's post. 

OK

Truth be told, I probably won't get on any of the machines today.  My brain is in overdrive and the exercise will only calm me down.  While that seems like a goal for most people, for me, it will only deaden my rage and I just feel like being angry.

Cliche complete...Enter angry black woman.....

In the midst of my quarter-life crisis I cleaned house.  I was lying to myself about being happy and fulfilled in a relationship.  Lying to myself about my life goals.  Lying to myself about feeling like I had everything that I needed to get through life.  So I told the truth.

Funny thing about the truth.  It sucks.

Boy Meets Girl
Girl and Boy Date
Girl Leaves Boy
Boy Gets Friends & Family's support
Girl Finds New Man
Girl Finds Happiness
Girl Loses Friends

What the hell???I thought the truth set you free.  I thought you got the happy music, sunrise, birds chirping, life changing epiphany.  Nope you got your truth....

Hmm... To be continued....

2 comments:

Adei von K said...

*sigh* i sooooooooooo know too much about this.

at the end of the day, whose happiness matters most?

YOURS.

end of story

DrMPH said...

Well I still love you :)