Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Selfish

I don't like to share.  That is the end result of a 15-minute diatribe that dragged by podmate through the other day.  She dutifully let me rant until the actual issue came to light....I'm selfish.

I wonder why as children we are taught that selfishness is a bad thing? Selflessness is overrated frankly.  

Selflessness in a relationship can lead to your needs not being met 
Selflessness in a job will surely leave you at the bottom of the totem pole

I'm not promoting selfishness to a fault...I'm just finally being a bit more upfront.

Let me get to the point.  I don't do well with the sisters of the men that I love.  Odd...I know...eventually the relationships tend to get decent, but they always have a bit of roughness in the get go.

This time around I don't think there will be a happy ending of sorts.  For whatever reason I'm just not a fan of his sister...I sense that we won't be bosom buddies...so why can't I just chalk our 'relationship' up to faux pleasantries and keep it moving?

To be fair, I'd put my last dollar on the fact that she doesn't like me either :)  I find comfort in my 'dismissive-ness.'

More to come....

3 comments:

A.G. said...

Wow, I've never had to deal with this topic. I dont have any sisters or plutonic female friends that live in the same city as i do. I haven't seriously dated any women with brothers or fathers that are active in their lives. You have to revisit this topic later. I wonder how it will turn out.

DrMPH said...

I say ole well and keep it moving...

Lex said...

Well, you know the whole story about my in-laws, but we all love each other now, and Tiff is my fave. Soooo let that be some sort of hope! If from the desolate pit of hatred can come love and friendship, then you can view this as nothing but a speed bump!