Friday, February 25, 2011

Space

I loved my first solo day in my apartment. I loved that my time was my own and my filth could only offend me. I dined on my own time line, decorated as I saw fit, and watched everything that I wanted.

I fell asleep with the tv on and reveled in the fact that every inch of this place was exactly how I wanted it to be.

Shortly thereafter LC and I got on a pretty regular here/there schedule and the amount of time that I idly lounged in my space diminished significantly. Our individual spaces quickly began to morph into our collective spaces. While I missed my DVR autonomy, I started to appreciate my ability to carve out my own space with LC present. It was the best of both worlds. We'd spend time in separate rooms and chat through the walls, until we felt like being together. Our sleep schedule never quite lines up so we were each guaranteed at least an hour of alone time in the morning and at night. We worked it out. We managed to be together, without interrupting the precious alone time necessary for our respective sanity levels.

Tonight, I'm sitting in bed alone watching brit-coms(trust me that's only possible when I'm alone).

I can't remember the last time I was completely alone in my space. I got home, leaned against the wall and just took it all in. Hello Me Time...

An hour later, I realized that I was bored as hell. Not chat with a friend bored, but tell me about your day bored. Playing the never-ending game of "what do you want to eat?" bored. Quite frankly, I've gotten use to sharing my space. I know that I can quickly get used to my alone time once again, but I don't think I actually want to...

No comments: