Monday, May 24, 2010

Recap

Wow it's been 12 days since I've last blogged.....my apologies on the delay a lot has happened since then, let me catch you up in no particular order.

1. My boss went on vacation and handed me the HR division to handle for two weeks (Hello stress).

2. I came home to pick up some mail and walked into probably the most jarring realization that I've had in ages....my house had been broken into (first incident in 26 years) and I've been working to pick up the pieces (literally) since then. Stolen items: Cameras(hence no post abt Ana's bday bash), computers(hence a general lack of online presence), things that plug-in etc. oh yes....and my spare car key (sigh)...BUT the silver lining is that no one was hurt and thankfully no one was here when I walked in the door. A blessing indeed. P.S. this actually has been harder to deal with than I anticipated hence my generally mum-ness about it all. For those of you who I confided in thanks for the support.

3. And for my finale: In seven days I'll be moving to Harlem (thanks D-life!) and in eight will be starting a new job. A single girl (...) starting a new chapter in what has been an eventful life up to this point.

P.S. You deserve some more information, but unfortunately I don't have anymore time.
Buckle up, this will be a crazy week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! So sorry to hear about your apartment :-( Thank GOD you weren't home so we can all be thankful for that!

CONGRATS x 1000000000!!!!!! So glad that you are starting a new chapter and realizing a fabulous dream! I live in Harlem also so you have a fellow Bison to meet up and chat with if you choose.

Sorry to hear about you and Sweets. I know it makes this milestone bittersweet, but who knows what the future holds for you two and in the meantime...there are plenty of handsome men in this city just waiting on some Dani :-) Congrats again!

Jameil said...

The break-in = horrendous. Ugh. So glad no one was home for that. On moving, I feel SO PROUD!! You better do it, girl!!

Naima said...

Oh no!! That's awful. People are a mess. Thankfully, no one got hurt!

Yay, NYC!!! *does the Harlem shake* Oh wait...do people even still DO that??

I'm so sorry to hear about you and the boy, but I'm very excited about this new chapter in your life.

Can't wait for the NYC blog posts to start!